Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes!!! It's Halloween and that means it's time for the NYC Halloween Parade. Unlike church sponsored dances... It's okay to wear masks, cross dress, and have costumes with excessive gore. To be honest I saw some costumes that they should make rules about. (Do not worry I shall not be showing any of those costumes in this post).
I was an "Officer and Gentleman". Many people asked me how I can be both and I just told them it's a slight manner in how I carry myself and how I react in certain situations. But that, Yes, in the end I was most a surely an Officer and Gentleman. In the above picture I found Hunter S. Thompson another American Hero and He agreed to take a photo. You might be wondering why my costume looks so legit. That's because it is. My dad was in the Navy and this is his uniform. People really like this Uniform. Lots of people asked for photos with me. While crossing a intersection a NYCPD said to me, "welcome to the city Commander" Which was my Dad's rank... as shown by the fancy shoulder thingys.

So here are the basic rules to the NYC Halloween Parade. Any one can show up and walk in the Parade. You just have to stand in a line smashed for over an hour moving at a glacier pace. They bottle neck you with barricades and then all of the sudden you're out in the open and walking down the street.
And you get to see the most lovely amazing costumes. People get all decked out for this thing.
The parade walks from Canal Street to somewhere in the 20's. Once you are in you have to walk all the way out. There are a ton of people along the route on the side walk cheering and taking pictures. People are hanging out their apartment windows watching. It's a huge party.
There was a few bands.
Lots of couple costumes.
Next to Hunter this was my favorite costume of speedy.
Abe! I wonder how he felt about Obama lifting material from him for his acceptance speech?
Then there was the NYC Jedi. These dudes are serious and armed!
Jared is a tall guy... but not that tall compared to the Wookie. Even with the rabbit ears he cannot compete.

So that's it. This was my first time in the NYC parade and I want to do it again next year. I've already have come up with an idea for a costume. An Anorexic Incredible Hulk. I think it could really call attention to eating disorders.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks amazing. Maybe we'll have to plan a trip around it next year.

Post a Comment