Monday, November 2, 2009


The Royal Tenenbaums was filmed in the house pictured above. It is located in Harlem, but until Saturday I had never been there. I have been growing my beard out for 5 weeks in preparation for my Halloween costume when it dawned on me that I could also be Richie Tenenbaum my favorite character from The Royal Tenenbaums.
Then I realized that I could go to the house that the movie was filmed and take pictures out front.
I have never seen my dad or brothers (nor my sister or mom) grow out a beard. With Brigham coaching me as my beard mentor I discovered that I could indeed grow a beard.
For those of you that have not seen The Royal Tenebaums here is a good scene with Richie.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Truly impressed. I didn't think the men in our family were capable of growing beards. Congrats on that. Love the costume.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I saw this beard in person and it looked very nice indeed. The hair and the beard were pretty hot at one point...but then the beard started to get too long. But I figure we will see a blog post soon on why the beard needed to be long.

Also, glad Jeff did not win the ebay top hat...the rain that night would have done damage!

Jeffrey said...

Yes... the top hat would have been ruined in the rain... I'm glad that I didn't win it as well. It's nice how things work out for the best.

savoury toothed tiger said...

i am impressed, both with the beard and with the likeness to your tenenbaum hero, and your going the extra mile.
very impressed.

Post a Comment