Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This post is best enjoyed while listening to the song below.



Fellow countrymen, friends, neighbors, villains, and heroes: I have excellent news!

I got a pair of black skates! Many of you might know or heard rumors of my former life spent on the Disco Rollerskating Championship Circuit (DRCC) as a disco roller skating champion. Disco Skating is a passion of mine.

This is how it happened. Yesterday for breakfast I ate a large popcorn accompanied with a large Cherry Coke while watching the new A-Team movie. Hopped up on corn, corn syrup, and cinema magic I started walking home after the movie and came across a flea market. In the corner I saw these skates. Could they be my size? Yes they could.

How much?

$30.

I've got $20 to buy those skates right now.

Can't do it.

Are you sure... I'll take them for $20 bucks right now.

They are brand new and they cost 90 bucks.

I start to walk away.

$25

I'll think about it maybe I'll come back later. (continue to walk away)

Okay... okay $20

Deal

What that proprietor of the flea market didn't know that I did was that I'm perfectly capable of life without those skates. I'm glad that he sold them to me though.

Here are the skates on and ready to go. They fit like a dream and like the man said they are almost brand new. They need to be broken in. I have more good news. There is a Central Park Dance Skater Association (link to their website).
They meet every Saturday and Sunday and skate like there is no tomorrow. I have often wanted to join in their fun, but until now it has not been possible. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends out in the park. I presume they will be very colorful friends. But this is also a call out for anyone in the city that has been wanting a friend to go skating with in central park–I'm that friend.

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Wow dude, wow. I went skating just a month ago for the first time in years, and I do still have some skills. Wish I could join you.

nicole said...

Thanks for the soundtrack. Thanks.

Ashley said...

LOVE it.

Post a Comment