Thursday, June 10, 2010

Brittany and I left D.C. about 1pm. We drove through the beautiful verdant hills of Virginia and Tennessee. I took in as much green as possible knowing that vast arid desserts awaited us miles down the road. Brittany almost cried as we left her home of the last 4 years. However, I told her that I was quite possibly the best road trip companion that anyone could have, to prove it I said the right thing at the right time and adverted a maudlin crying session. The trip was off on the right step.

The right step does not excluded miss steps. Before even reaching the boarder of Virginia Brittany had violated the rules of the road and was promptly pulled over by the law. Upon reaching our rolled down window the lawman started to sing:

I've got a star on my car and one on my chest.
A gun on my hip with the right to arrest.
I'm the guy who's the boss on this highway,
so you better watch it if you're coming my way.
If you break the law you'll hear from me I know,
I'm just working for the state on the highway patrol.

Well… perhaps that didn't happen just like that, but that is the impression I got.

Needless to say… Brittany is way to adorable and cute to be have to be trifled with things such as "The Law" or "Moving Violations" or "Court Procedure". With a warning and a wink we were up on the road again. Barreling towards Nashville like we had direction and purpose in life.

We pulled in late about 10:30 central – 11:30 east coast. Our host and birthday boy were one in the same. Jeff R. had graciously offered us a place to stay and a party to attend. It was delightful to meet all of Jeff R.'s Nashville homies. They sure were entertaining. But as usual the conversation with Jeff R. was full of vim and vigor. Brittany had never met Jeff R. but had heard stories upon stories of him and was justifiably excited to meet him at last.

Jeff R. did not disappoint as he related to Brittany the difficulty that he had in Tennessee dating "The problem I have with the girls here is that I look into their faces and think to myself – you have a minotaur somewhere back in your family tree… They have a minotaur ancestor, it's way back there, but it's there".

That type of conversation along with one of Jeff R.'s friend freestyle rapping in the background made for a must uplifting and delightful evening.

Okay enough typing lets get to picturing. I took Brittany to one of my favorite stores in Nashville.
Hatch Show Print. And they have added a new item since I was there last.
Cats.
But do not worry… they fully advertise the new additions.
OH NASHVILLE and your Betty Boots – you are too cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment