Friday, January 11, 2008

Multiple sided dice? On a t-shirt? I could only be one place. Neutral Ground... the mid-town gaming store. What... you ask, could bring me here? Something I have only done once before... buying a board game.
I played this game last Sunday after dinner with some friends. It's called Ticket to Ride. It was voted the best board game of 2004 by somebody. (Please note that the pictures are a bit shaky due to the fact that the were taken incognito so as not to disturb the natives.) The object in Ticket to Ride is to make train routes. I'm confident that I would've won my first game ever, but my teammate got greedy and we lost it all. I don't blame her though. She's young and likes to play fast and loose. It was an exhilarating ride but it was a sober wake-up when the conductor requested to punch our ticket.
Here are some other t-shirts that can be purchased from Neutral Ground.

Neutral Ground is located in mid-town surrounded by the fashion district. At night and week-ends the fashion district is empty... not this place though. They are open to midnight on the week-ends. FNM (Friday Night Magic) is held... well every Friday. Below is picture of the gamers at play in their natural habitat. I think that it's just great. Gaming stores like this fascinate me. People so focused and engulfed in an activity that they love some much without a hint of pretense makes for a warm and comforting environment that anyone feels welcomed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment