Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This was one of my favorite galleries in Berlin. As seen in the previous posting the wall of portraits is very large. Half the fun was picking out who the portraits were of. It's like the ultimate test of Pop Culture knowledge. "Do you know who this one is of?"

I believe here I am pointing out Barack Obama. Just above him is James Brown. James Brown and I share the same birthday May 3rd. Two left of James is Marvin Gaye, and two left of Marvin is Curtis Mayfield. Side note: people in Europe are excited about Barack Obama.
This was the first one that I recognized. George Clinton. He was in a funk band called Parliament. They sung songs like "Flashlight". With lyrics like "put a glide in you stride a dip in you hip and come on down to the mothership" they were a favorite of the seventies funk music scene.
I knew this was a legitimate show when he had a portrait of the Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. "It never got fast enough for me." Above him is Chuck Close. Next to Chuck is Spike Lee.
Andy Warhol... nice shout out.
Then in the back there was a picture of me projected. I don't know how he came to know of me, my popularity or my international famousness but I appreciated that I have been included with the others. This is one of the reasons why I like Berlin... I'm already famous there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment