Friday, May 29, 2009

It came time to leave Slovenia and travel to Italy. Doesn't this look like a Wes Anderson Movie?
My train left at 2:30 in the morning. That's really early. I appreciated the analog train board. Penn Station in NYC use to have a huge one of these until a few years ago. They broke my heart when they changed over to digital. Oh the sound of those plastic alphanumeric cards changing is the sound of adventure!
My Feet up and my bag next to my side... I carried on with my travel. I took a nap for most of the way.

We would stop now and again. People would get off and on. I kept my eyes closed. This stop I thought to myself... did someone bring a dog on board? Yes, it was some sort of police in Italy with a drug sniffing dog. I got so scared... because I was carrying drugs. HA! just joking. When I sat down in my seat 2 hours before I noticed that someone had left a plastic bag full of stuff on the ground. I didn't think anything about it until now. What if someone had left drugs in this bag! Oh my. Luckily the only thing left were some sort of sandwiches from I think Turkey and bottle water. The dog was not interested in either.

After checking all the passengers for illegal drugs the dog was rewarded with a game of fetch on the platform. I thought that would be a delightful job. Playing fetch with your drug K9 in between trains at 4 in the morning in Italy.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

so glad to see you are posting again.

Side of Jeffrey said...

This is a good post. I like the clacking sound of an old schedule board and it would be a dream job to carry a gun and work with a dog all day long. -stephen

Post a Comment