Sunday, May 31, 2009

What could this fine fellow be dressed up for?

Here is a hint...
It's a Polo Match on Governor's Island.
With Prince Harry astride a pony. Prince Harry was in town doing some royal duties. It's his first solo visit on official royal business. He dedicated a monument to the British nationals that died on 9/11 at ground zero. Then he visited a school up in Harlem or the Bronx. He played some games with the kids there. Then he rushed down to Governor's Island. He was #1 on the white team.
This was my first polo match that I have ever attended. My interest in polo has gone up. I feel that it would be something that I could really get into. I just need a few ponies and a stick.


During half time the spectators are encouraged to fix the divots on the pitch and to mingle with others.
Everyone come out on the pitch. Many people were dress up real fine.
Everyone was taking pictures.
Carol got jealous and grabbed my camera so she could be in with all the other cool picture takers.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I like this Carol-girl. Great hair.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I bet he went to Caitlin's old school in Harlem (Harlem Children Zone). Famous political types are always visiting that school.

Post a Comment