Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ask me the best thing that happened in 2010 – my answer would be this bicycle.

Made from vintage parts scoured for on ebay and other sources, my big brother constructed and sent to Brooklyn this amazing bike. Single speed, single brake, ram handle bars, with a suede seat, it is a joy to ride around NYC. Often serious bikers on the street will take a double look summing it up. The Klein frame is a road bike but has been converted into a single speed. Stripped of all inessential components it is extremely light. On the street I am more likely to pass then to be passed. Travel time from my Brooklyn residence to Central Park is around 45 minutes. Only downside to the bike is getting less value for my monthly subway pass.
Here is to fast, sleek bikes and here is to big brothers! Huzzah!

1 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Wow dude, that's hot. I never had a bike in NY. Now I feel like I didn't live.

Post a Comment