Friday, October 12, 2007










Well, the Pinarello is finally done. It's taken me about a year to finish it, but well worth the wait. It started when I found a frame in need of some major TLC. I had it sand blasted, powercoated a stunning blue, and put it together using old parts from ebay. I was even lucky enough to find a pair of super cool Campy Record Delta brakes ( big deal). One of my friends has a print shop, and was able to make brand new decals to top everything off. The frame itself is 20+ years old, as well as 3/4 of the parts that I used to assemble the bicycle. The stem and handlebars are from dads old Trek bike that he bought in Livermore. Even the pink bar tape is from the 80's. All Italian stuff, not one thing from Mexico, sorry Jeff. Still rides like it's brand new!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're right, that's a cool blue. When you were explaining it, I pictured it much darker. I'm so glad you kept the hawk.

Jeffrey said...

That bike is awesome. Those breaks are so cool, but if they were from Mexico I would not trust them so I'm glad that they are Italian. So what are you going to do with it. Use it? Add it to your archive? You should start a store/museum in Springville. I'm sure you could find a cheap store front.

Eric Lundquist said...

Well the bike looks awesome! Great color too. I might even be able to keep up with you if ride that steel bike. Looks like all you need now if the neon pink jersey, neon blue shorts, and one of those cool little caps we all used to wear.

Post a Comment