Monday, June 1, 2009

In the main center of Milan there is the biggest church I have ever seen! Look at the people, then look at the size of this beast!
On the inside hangs huge paintings between the columns.
Look how they stack one painting above the other. Compare the people below to see the scale of these giants.

This is the detail of the front doors. The out side of the church is very ornate


The doors and facade of exterior tell various bible stories.


I'm not going to bother to tell you to see this church if you ever go to Milan... because it is so big there is no way that you could miss it.

4 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Did you climb to the roof? I climbed to the roof. I also got suckered into feeding pigeons for cash and my friend Kim bought a bracelet from some guy who just tied it onto her hand and expected money.

Jeffrey said...

I didn't climb to the top. I heard that you could, but I didn't know where to go. I did run into guys trying to get my money. They would just say, "you from the states?" My New York training has taught me to not even flinch when people try to hustle me.

Cindy Bean said...

When we went the whole front of the cathedral was getting a face-lift so it was covered with scaffolding. Good thing you are a hardened city person or else you would have paid way too much to feed pigeons too.

Unknown said...

I had the same thing happen regarding the pigeons and bracelets. By the end of my trip when someone would ask me where I was from I'd say "I'm from Eff-U." They'd leave me alone. It's great to know I wasn't the only one. I'll never let that happen again though. I have some images from my trip here if you want to see them. http://theartoftylerjordan.com/blog/new-photos-from-beautiful-northern-italy/

Post a Comment