Saturday, December 29, 2007

Can you believe I got a bike for Christmas? It's the envy of Brooklyn. Tim made it in his spare time from vintage parts found on Ebay.Here is the master builder with his piece. Tim surprised me big time with this. He had talked about making me a bike for sometime and he made good on it. I'm looking forward for it to warm up so I can cruise it around town.
Here is a close up. It only has a front brake and one gear. It's just straight tough. Tim even had stickers with my alias 'Jack D. Beare' made and put it on the bike.
Here are some bonus pictures of Mom with Ashley's children. They are pretty amazing. This one is Abe.
Favorite thing about Hank... his pent up range that comes out when face with sharing a won-ton at P.F. Changs. Favorite thing about Abe... his cool demeanor but given the chance he'll bite Hank.

2 comments:

Don said...

Jeff, I think it's a fabulous bike. Now you can go rip up the streets of NY.

miss lena's pie said...

Cool bike jeffrey! And you look so good with it on your shoulder like that. I just saw a show on Oprah though and I share this with all my biking male friends. It's about the scrotum and fertility dangers of excessive biking, swenglishly put. This is from the internet:

"Sperm do best in a slightly cool environment, which is why the testes are located in the scrotum, away from the heat of the body. Even excessive bicycling can affect the sperm. Men who bike should wear padded bike shorts, take frequent breaks, and be sure the bicycle seat doesn't put a lot of pressure on the testicles. Working in a very warm environment may also pose a problem. On the other hand, contrary to popular belief, wearing tight pants, briefs or athletic supports, even every day, does not interfere with male fertility".

And here's something more about that. I don't mean to scare you, it's just good to be aware of things. I'm sure it's mainly a danger to people who bike around 5 or 6 hours a day... I just found it interesting.

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20021207/fob2.asp

Post a Comment