Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm on a train... headed out to Brooklyn. I'm my co-worker Howard (names have been changed to ensure maximum surprise) secret Santa. To fulfill this duty I'm on my way to get a present.

You know it must be a mysterious place because I'm on the New York City subway but I'm above ground.

For half of the subway ride Jeff Mulcock was with me. We discussed politics.
This is a house in Brooklyn. If you look real close at the windows you'll see that someone is doing missionary work.
Here is the new UNIQLO ad campaign. I think it's pretty cute.
Finally I reach my destination. The Brooklyn Superhero Supply Company!
In the store they sell super hero supplies as the name denotes. In the back there is a writing tutor and workshop for kids 12-18. The proceeds from the superhero store helps to fund the writing program. Bottom line - it's a lot of fun. Paul Jacobson told me about this store long ago. I've been meaning to go out to it for a while... but it never happened until today.


The Following are some of the supplies that are available for purchase.


One of the best parts of the shopping experience at the superhero supply company is that in to buy the goods you have to repeat The Vow of Heroism. I kid you not... you have to repeat the oath before they will sell you anything.

With the my goal of obtaining the perfect gift for 'Howard' complete I head back to Manhattan. Out of all my trips to Brooklyn... this was one of the best.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looks amazing. I can't believe I missed out on that, now I am in such a bad Mood.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Another reason why people need to move to Brooklyn. I'm glad we have already made that step.

Post a Comment