Sunday, March 16, 2008

UPDATE: One of my two ping pong photographers has posted some excellent photos of the event on his blog please see here

The last few weeks the Manhattan Stake YSA wards have been battling it out in a furious and deadly ping pong tournament. The honor of the respective wards has been at stake. I made it through to the finals. Going into the finals I went in an under dog.
My stoic frame and pose adorned in colors meant to confuse and disorient my opponent did not help me to obtain victory.
My ability to infuse the ball with insane amounts of spin did not bring me victory.
Not even my severe serves of death brought me any closer to glory.
In the end I was left with my raw emotions to deal with. Good thing my manager, home teacher, and roommate Kristian was there to help me cope with the loss and make the transition back to civil life from near ping pong greatness.

I have received word that congress is convening a special committee investigating rumors of steroid use by my opponent. This news is difficult for me to hear. My only comment at this point is... I hope justice will be swift and exact.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the most important thing is to have a great time in playing ping pong, right ?

Side of Jeffrey said...

F a great time...its about victory. Jeff I can only slightly blame myself for not giving you some practice time ealier this week. Shame on me.

Jeffrey said...

I agree with Jaymoo... this is about honor not fun.

Post a Comment