Friday, March 7, 2008

Collin and I had a great game of scrabble. It was neck and neck the whole time. In the end my neck was slightly longer. Final score 234-232. I must also mention that earlier we played Ticket To Ride with Stephen and it was another close game but Collin was the victor.


My personal best move for the day was NOIR off the side of DOORS making in total four words: NOIR, NO, OR, IS. I know what many of you are thinking, "Jeff you can't use foreign lanuages in Scrabble". Do not worry folks, not only is NOIR french for black, but it is also a type of film genre. Film noir is a cinematic term used primarily to describe stylish Hollywood crime dramas, particularly those that emphasize moral ambiguity and sexual motivation. Films such as The Third Man (1949), Kiss Me Deadly (1950), The Maltese Falcon (1941), Double Indemnity (1944), Touch of Evil (1958) are good examples of film noir.

My personal favorite word Collin played came in one of his last three moves when he played GHOUL. When he laid that down I knew he meant business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment