Monday, March 17, 2008

So we went to Sagamore Hill Home of TR
Here we all are in a fifteen passenger van. Look at the great smile on Alisha's face. She is happy in the pursuit of history.
Here is the front porch when we were all gathering for our tour. All together our group numbered 22 TR enthusiast. Because we were such a force they gave us a special tour time of 12:30.
Collin was our driver. He did a great job. Later I will show you a picture of the van... it was awesome.
After the tour we all tried to figure out where we would go for lunch.
Chaunte and Arthur, after eating chicken pot pie at a local dinner close by Oyster Bay.
Here is that van I was telling you about. It was amazing. Black... I've never seen a black van for rent. It was a good omen for our trip that we got Lord Vader's personal rental.
I used the bathroom at the gift shop and it was great to see that the rangers have scotch taped up a picture of TR. It reminded me of missionaries taping up a picture of Jesus on the bathroom mirror.
Here is me looking stately with the house in the background. I think that this is the type of place that "This Old House" would visit on one of there builds.
Here is detail of the house. You just can't find craftsman like that anymore.
Another detail shot. Total cost of the house when it was made in the late 1880? Under $20,000. TR knew how to live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment