Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stockholm has great colors. Just look at this purple. In elementary school purple was my favorite color. Then it switched to sky blue / baby blue. Then for awhile I didn't really have a favorite color. But now I'm back. Purple once again is my favorite color. It's the color of royalty. So I was very pleased to find this purple wall surrounding a construction site. Luckily I had even opted to wear my light purple shirt that day. The purple of the wall puts to shame the purple of my shirt, but the tonal effect it makes is great.

I knew that Stockholm and I were going to get along just fine when I saw the color scheme of the subway walls. I don't know who decided to use light mint, light purple and light pink together... but I salute that person. I often use colors like this at work and I always hear... it's too pastel. (I try not to take those comments personally).
The buildings where painted in rich earthy tones. Dark mustard yellows, rich brick reds and muted peaches. I use the word 'rich' because the colors are bright and bold but not bubble gummy (if that makes any sense). Below you can see the mix of reds and yellows.
Here is some Stockholm graffiti. Black and White stencil, but then a stroke of genius displayed by the artist (or hoodlum) who added a little of color with the red type strip tape. It says "last lovers standing". Which I think is cute.


0 comments:

Post a Comment