Friday, May 23, 2008

I forgot to report on the amazing breakfast buffet Lena took me too. It had various meat and cheeses, Swedish pancakes topped with ice cream and fruit, hard boiled eggs, and multiple types of juices. It was amazing! I don't know why but I can't get this picture to rotate... so you'll have have to enjoy it sideways. Right before we ate I said to Lena, "you guys eat like kings". See quickly replied, "we eat like vikings". I like eating like a viking. It's very satisfying.



Some of you might have read Lena's comments regarding her photo on my previous post. (I will probably get in trouble for the above picture too). To make up for any stress I might have caused her below I've posted a Lena approved picture. Here Lena is demonstrating the proper use of a diving bell used to savage cannons off the Swedish Ship Vasa. Please read this link to learn more about that Vasa.

The Vasa is a giant ship that sank in the mid-1600's. It was found in 1959 and raised and restored and placed in a museum. It' pretty amazing to see. It was really dark in there so pictures do not turn out that well.
This is how all the statues were originally painted... very colorful.


It was very Goonies.


2 comments:

miss lena's pie said...

I do love the diving bell picture. I think I'd want one in my house so I could have a thing that I did with all of my guests. I would take a Polaroid of each guest and pin it on to a wall. That would be amazing!

Jeffrey said...

that is a great idea! Just a wall of legs and feets.

Post a Comment