Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tonight Stephen took Micheal and I to a play. Stephen was repaying me for alterations I did to a few pairs of his pants. His debt to me is now paid in full and I no longer have any claim on him.

The Norman Conquests is a delightful story of a man in England named Norman. The play was at the Old Vic in England previously. It's jumped the pond to New York with the English players with their English accents in tow.

This is the first play that I've seen with a "theater in the round" stage. We had seats right on the floor, second row. One of the cast members hid behind my chair during the performance. Watching the audience watching the actors on the opposite side of the stage was almost as enjoyable as watching the actors act.
Here are the actors. The top six were the ones that performed tonight. I was very impressed. I was also very impressed with the wardrobe. It looked period... but wasn't really. Kind of like a Time Burton movie. It has a feeling to it... and you want to assign it to a decade, but you just can't bring yourself to do it.

On a sad note... between paying for Mexican food and the end of the show Stephen lost his wallet. Don't worry he has called all his credit cards and has frozen his accounts.


****Update.  Stephen found his wallet.  It was being held at the box office of the theater and he has retrieved it.**** 

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

OH NO STEPHEN!!!! You are me! You lost your wallet! This is hardcore blowage man.

On happier notes, I like seeing that you are willing to go with Stephen to plays still. I thought "Thrill Me" had done you in for good.

Jeffrey said...

It should have but it hasn't

Side of Jeffrey said...

My fear was great with the wallet missage. In the over 20 years of keeping a wallet in my pocket - this was my first loss. I am so lucky that Kathy at the theatre put my wallet in the box office safe and didn't take the cast out to dinner on me. Then again, they did a good job and I would buy them a meal.

Post a Comment